Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pumpkin Bars

These are super moist because of the pumpkin, and so delicious! I originally made these for my daughter to have for her afternoon snack, but I ended up eating lots myself. And, the next day when I gave them to her again for her snack, she gobbled it up, and ate seconds (me too)!

2/3 cup organic sugar cane
4 tbsp butter, softened
1 14oz can pureed pumpkin
3 egg whites
1/3 cup skim milk
1 1/4 cup spelt flour
1 1/2 cup oats
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp each nutmeg and ginger
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup dried berries (dried cranberries or raisins will also work)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Lightly spray a 9x 13 inch pan.

Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg white, pumpkin and milk in a medium bowl.

In another bowl mix flour, oats, spices, baking soda and salt. Stir into pumpkin mixture until just blended. Fold in dried berries.

Spread in pan, bake for about 30 minutes.