Saturday, July 10, 2010

No Bake Fruit Crumble

It was hot here yesterday, and I didn’t want to turn the oven on. So, I made this dessert instead of the traditional fruit crisp that I would make. The maple syrup and dates added the right sweetness. Although it was very different than my normal fruit crisp, it was light and perfect for the hot summer evening. Not only was it quick and easy, but delicious!

1 cup pitted dates
½ cup sliced almonds
½ cup unsweetend coconut
1 tbsp maple syrup
6 cups berries (I used blueberries, strawberries and raspberries)

In a blender, blend dates, almonds, coconut and maple syrup. It will be crumbly, so don't expect it to stick together a whole lot.

Place washed and chopped berries in a large bowl. Top with blended date mixture. Serve with frozen yogurt if desired.