Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cocoa and date treats

If you have a sweet tooth than this is the recipe for you. I admit that after dinner, I like to have something sweet to finish off a meal, and this is something I can have without feeling guilty about. I know it sounds a little strange with the dates, but trust me, these are delicious! Plus they are raw – even better for maintaining energy throughout the day.

1 ½ cups pitted dates
1 cup sliced almonds (raw is best, but used blanched if you can't find raw)
5 tbsp cocoa powder
¾ cup coconut
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tbsp water

Put all ingredients into a blender, and puree. The batter will look a little dry, but don’t worry, that is how you want it.

Mold the batter into 1 inch balls, and place onto a plate. Let cool in the fridge for about an hour, then serve. Keep these covered in the fridge.