Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Blueberry Protein Pancakes

I made these for myself and was surprised at how much I like them. I also gave some to my daughter, and she gobbled them up like there was no tomorrow! Although, I prefer not to talk about the blueberry mess that I had to clean out of her hair, eye lashes and outfit...that is a whole other story.

My husband even ate a couple post workout, and also really liked them. We didn't put syrup on them, but feel free to do so. These will definitely be made again, and since they are so high in protein, they keep you full for longer than your traditional pancake. Next time I might cook down some raspberries into a syrup and put them on top.


1 cup oats
3/4 cup egg whites
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp agave syrup
3/4 cup blueberries

Put all ingredients except blueberries in a blender and puree. Add blueberries. Pour into a pan greased with an all-natural cooking spray, on medium heat. Cook for about 3 minutes, or when the first side is golden brown. Flip, and continue to cook for another few minutes. Remove from heat, and top with your favourite toppings.