Friday, February 12, 2010

Quinoa Salad

I added shrimp to this for my husband, but it could easily be left out as well. Next time, I think that I will add a can of chickpeas (rinsed and drained of course) for me.

About 30 large shrimp (I used frozen)
2 cups quinoa
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
12 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1/4 cup goats cheese, crumbled

Cook quinoa according to package directions. Sometimes I use vegetable stock to give it more flavour.

While quinoa is cooking, prepare sundried tomatoes, olives, pine nuts and goats cheese in a large bowl.

Once vegetables and cheese are assembled, cook shrimp in a frying pan. Drain the water from the shrimp if you are using frozen.

Once the quinoa and shrimp are ready, add them both to the sundried tomato mixture. You can either serve this warm or cold.